• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Lancer Gooding

I've worked with wood most of my life in one form or another. Recently started turning to occupy time while dealing with medical issues. I mainly do bowls but have played around with spindle work also just to get the hang of using tools. Am a newbie at this but realy enjoy it and hope time will make me better. By the way I'm from grand lake area of Oklahoma. And will turn 54 in may.

Attachments

• 20240223_072004.jpg
    20240223_072004.jpg
    493.6 KB · Views: 14
Website
www.ovwg.org
I've worked with wood most of my life in one form or another. Recently started turning to occupy time while dealing with medical issues. I mainly do bowls but have played around with spindle work also just to get the hang of using tools. Am a newbie at this but really enjoy it and hope time will make me better. By the way I'm from grand lake area of Oklahoma. And will turn 54 in may.
Welcome! It is always great to keep your hands busy in tough times!! Jump in and you'll learn a lot!

Welcome Lancer to AAW forums. The forums is an excellent place for advice to help with your woodturning journey. AAW also offers a publication "Fundamentals" that has countless tips for woodturners.

Thanks to everyone who has welcomed me. I'm a little slow in posting so I hope you all are patient with me during our journey together.

I went to aaw main site and tried to sign in and couldn't. Is the user name and password on this forum different than aaw main site. If anyone knows please let me know.
Thanks

Website
www.reallyruralwoodworks.com
I went to aaw main site and tried to sign in and couldn't. Is the user name and password on this forum different than aaw main site. If anyone knows please let me know.
Thanks
assuming you're a paidup member of AAW , no the logins are different (unless you make them the same) - AAW main site is members only, while the AAW forum here is just sanctioned/sponsored/supported by AAW but not quite a direct ownership deal (That is, AAW doesn't own this place, I don't believe)

In other words, you can sign up to the forum for free, but the AAW itself you gotta be a dues-paying member to login (Though they have a free trial/associate membership, but again gotta sign up for it) and it is a completly separate login and signup.

Back