• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Nominations for the 2009 AAW Board

Please note that the deadline for applying to be on the 2009 AAW Board is May 15, 2008. Compete directions for applying may be found on P. 28 of your Resource Directory -- if you cannot find it or if you have questions, please do not hesitate to phone (214-363-1425) or e-mail me (larry_g@woodturner.org). Please remember that the process begins with the prospective nominee making the first effort. After all the applications are in, the Nominating Committee (John Hill, Don Derry, and me) will each interview all the applicants and recommend a slate of six candidates from which three will be elected by the entire membership.

Remember, the process starts with you. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me.

Larry Genender
AAW Nominating Committee Chair

Back