• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Olive wood

I'm on their monthly newsletter, and I have to admit I got a little excited when they mentioned they were going to start processing some olivewood right before Thanksgiving. One of my favorite woods to turn, and hard to find in larger sizes (especially without spending a fortune).

I'm on their monthly newsletter, and I have to admit I got a little excited when they mentioned they were going to start processing some olivewood right before Thanksgiving. One of my favorite woods to turn, and hard to find in larger sizes (especially without spending a fortune).
Thanks for the heads up. Question - Hass any one experience with segmenting with olive wood?

Back