• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Seattle trip

I often combine giving a demonstration while traveling but this time I will be vacationing on the WA OR coast from the 13th to the 22. I will have a free day on the 21 while my wife attends a conference in Seattle. Would appreciate some suggestions on how a wood turner could spend a Sat. in Seattle. Email dirrect if you like, ed_trudy@yahoo.com
Have a Happy
Bob Edwards, San Antonio

Northwest Gallery of Fine Woodworking

Bob,
I had the pleasure of going to Seattle a few years ago and stopped into the Northwest Gallery of Fine Woodworking. The Woodworking is really great. The Woodturning is exquisite! Really the best I have seen. And the people there were very nice. They asked me as I went in, if I had any questions. My Question was," May I touch the bowls?" She laughed and told me sure. And then left me alone to pick up and examine pieces as I liked. It was a very enjoyablecouple of hours. It is really worth the trip.
Do a search on "Northwest Gallery of Fine Woodworking" and you will get directions etc.
Have fun.
ByP

Back