• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Shavings and sawdust uses?

Well, 1000 dollar is not nothing but if I want to use oil, it will cost me 5000 dollar for one winter!!!
I know every press can be usefull but .... they mix it up with something shavings + oil .... maybe to make it stick together ... and I do not know which oil , how much and how .... so I prefer to buy such a machine which makes little bricks: 1 cube meter shavings in 1 hour - that is ok, I suppose.
But I'll take my shavings with me: I want to see if it works with all shavings.

Squirrel

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
ethanol

If the ethanol craze continues.

Someone is bound to discover you can't grow food and ethanol on the same planet. this will force a switch to the cellulose process and they will need wood chips.

happy turning,
Al

If the ethanol craze continues.

Someone is bound to discover you can't grow food and ethanol on the same planet. this will force a switch to the cellulose process and they will need wood chips.

happy turning,
Al

Switch grass makes good ethanol raw material and you don't need prime farm land to grow it. I understand in Germany it is used to make pellets for stove fuel. A special truck mounted press travels the countryside and custom presses pellets for local growers. They can either use it themselves or sell it.

Back