• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Where to purchase Anchorseal?

Anyone know where locally to purchase Anchorseal in the NW Arkansas or SW MO area? Or, something of equal quality for sealing new cut wood? Thanks in advance! Charles

That's lumber country. Check around at the lumber yards and mills. Someone will known where to get spray on wax emulsion for endcoating fresh cut lumber. That's Anchorseal. Can also look in the yellow pages or google for wax suppliers near you. They'll have it also and usually sell by the pound.

Worse comes to worst, find your nearest turner's club and suggest they buy in bulk (55gal drum is pretty cheap). 'S what we do.

Good luck,
Dietrich

The "Green Wood End Grain Sealer" sold at Rockler is packaged by Anchorseal for Rockler.
BH

While I'm currently using anchor seal, I've been informaed of another product.

I hang out at a forestry forum and there was discusion there on endgrain sealers, one of the guys use's a product fro SC that shalf the price of anchor seal.

you can read the whole thread here

Forestry forum anchorseal discussion

Back