• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Woodcut promaster. ???

so I just picked up a used oneway lathe and it came with all the extra goodies too. 21 more gouges, skews, etc.
But it also came w this woodcut tool. I’ve seen the videos. But what’s the boards input on this tool.

I have the Pro-Forme tool that it is made for and I do like the tool but do not have the Promaster handle.

I have an older set that used a straight or goose neck handle with the cutter that was was formed from flat stock which eventually broke. I bought the newer one piece cutter with the bronzes guard and made my own handle using 1" drill rod with i" ID tubing for an extension handle. This arrangement works excellent except when working from a small opening the work fills up with shavings in a matter of seconds so you have to stop the lathe to clean out.

Back