• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Woodturning Collection on eBay

I know many members of AAW have an interest in obtaining works by highly skilled woodturners. More than a few in AAW would be considered serious collectors. Most would be interested in knowing that some fine works are currently being offered on eBay.

The Alabama Woodturners Association (AWA) has just listed five works from the Bill Hubbard collection. Specifically these five works were created by Richard Raffan, Dixie Biggs, Luna Ford, Mark Kauder, and John Mascoll. They will be available through Sunday March 24. The entire collection of nearly two dozen works includes many more well-known names including John Jordan, Mike Mahoney, Jimmy Clewes, Al Stirt, Jerry Bennett, Christian Burchard, Jacques Vesery, and others. These will all be listed in groups over the next few weeks.

The most direct way to find these works is to use the eBay "Advanced" Search function:
- go to ebay.com
- click on "Advanced" next to the Search button
- scroll down to "Sellers"
- enter "alwoodturners" in the field next to the "Include" option
- scroll to the bottom or back to the top to click "Search"

Bill Hubbard was a highly regarded and generous member of AWA who left his collection to this club for the purpose of financially benefitting AWA. Bill's generosity now also provides the opportunity for other members to join in the pleasure of owning fine works by other artists.

The AWA would appreciate it if you would take a look if interested, and/or if you would let others know of this opportunity, especially if you know any "collectors".
Thank you!

I know many members of AAW have an interest in obtaining works by highly skilled woodturners. More than a few in AAW would be considered serious collectors. Most would be interested in knowing that some fine works are currently being offered on eBay.

The Alabama Woodturners Association (AWA) has just listed five works from the Bill Hubbard collection. Specifically these five works were created by Richard Raffan, Dixie Biggs, Luna Ford, Mark Kauder, and John Mascoll. They will be available through Sunday March 24. The entire collection of nearly two dozen works includes many more well-known names including John Jordan, Mike Mahoney, Jimmy Clewes, Al Stirt, Jerry Bennett, Christian Burchard, Jacques Vesery, and others. These will all be listed in groups over the next few weeks.

The most direct way to find these works is to use the eBay "Advanced" Search function:
- go to ebay.com
- click on "Advanced" next to the Search button
- scroll down to "Sellers"
- enter "alwoodturners" in the field next to the "Include" option
- scroll to the bottom or back to the top to click "Search"

Bill Hubbard was a highly regarded and generous member of AWA who left his collection to this club for the purpose of financially benefitting AWA. Bill's generosity now also provides the opportunity for other members to join in the pleasure of owning fine works by other artists.

The AWA would appreciate it if you would take a look if interested, and/or if you would let others know of this opportunity, especially if you know any "collectors".
Thank you!
Carl, Thank you so much for posting this. Would you please post as other lots become available?

I will happy to post again when more lots are listed.
It's my understanding that this forum is not to be used for selling turnings, but since this is only a notice about selling and not actually selling, this seems legitimate. It's easy to ignore if you're not interested.
Here's a link to one of the items.
The others can be found by clicking on "Seller's other items".

I will happy to post again when more lots are listed.
It's my understanding that this forum is not to be used for selling turnings, but since this is only a notice about selling and not actually selling, this seems legitimate. It's easy to ignore if you're not interested.
Here's a link to one of the items.
The others can be found by clicking on "Seller's other items".

I think you should immediately delete this post...so that I have fewer bidders up against me. :)

A second group of listings is now active including works by Jimmy Clewes, Al Stirt, Christian Burchard, Michael and Cynthia Gibson, Gary Medearis, and Larry Hasiak. These will be active through next week. The first group will be active only a few more days, through this Sunday March 24.
You may see them all at this link which is a search for the seller "alwoodturners" (Alabama Woodturners Association):

A third group is now active including works by John Jordan, Jacques Vesery, and Jerry Bennett. These will be active all next week. In the previous group the works by Gary Medearis and Michael and Cynthia Gibson will conclude Saturday afternoon, and the remainder Sunday night.
You may see them all at this link which is a search for the seller "alwoodturners" (Alabama Woodturners Association):

Lance Mirrer

AKA "taxman"
Website
taxmancpa.com
I viewed the offerings in the first auction. Posted a watch on two items in the most recent listing. Only then discovered that method of delivery if you win is local pickup only in Birmingham, AL. Disappointing.
There are shipping quotes on several of the pieces I looked at. I believe the local pick-up option is the free, but not the only option.

The final group of items from the Hubbard collection is now active, continuing through Sunday April 14. The third group will conclude this Sunday April 7.
This final group includes works by Michael Gibson, Craig Kassan, and by Mike Mahoney a nesting set of six natural edge bowls in Ambonya Burl.
The winning bidder on any piece, at the time of payment, can choose between shipping or local pickup.

Only two days remain for this last group which will complete Sunday evening.
This group includes works by Mike Mahoney, Michael Gibson, and Craig Kassan.

Back