• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Woodturning Hosts for displaced AAW members

Many of us have signed up as woodturning host to house guest turners. I acknowledge that the intent of being a host was to save someone the expense of commercial lodging and to bennifit the members with an exchange of information and ideas for a short term event. I know of no other time in our history as an orginization where volenteerring as a host would have a greater impact on another turners.

My Wife and I would be happy to open our home to a displaced AAW member and family for an extended period of time.

We have 3 bedrooms available in McDonough GA area, 35 miles south of Atlanta.

Back