Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: creating a website

James,, thanks again.
    Happiness is sawdust on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by James P Lile View Post
    I would stay away from 1and1.com, they are crap in my book.

godaddy is good for hosting, best thing though is that you can in stall the wordpress templetes with them, which will give you access to tons of differnt templetes.
    Great explaination James, I feel the same about GoDaddy, templates are lousy and support is worse. Oh and most providers including 1and1 support wordpress, installation is very easy, even without a wizard. I can access mine from my android phone, ipad and pc. I'm currently a web coordinator for a major healthcare provider and while we have our own servers, I would say a third of our techs use 1and1 for their own sites. Go Daddy does have a cute NASCAR though.
    Bill Dalton
    AAW Member # 29leventyHundred

Forget injuries, never forget kindnesses.
    Confucius

I've been building and maintaining web sites for about 16 years, and do online marketing for my day job. One of the greatest developments for small businesses is the availability of hosted blogging and content management systems. For my money the best out there now is squarespace.com. I have no affiliation, but I did get a chance to use the system when setting up a cub scout pack site. Start with a template, add modules, change colors etc. Very user friendly. If you need a free site try Google Sites. More limited but it's free.
    Doug