• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Cities in Crisis III
Ronald Campbell

Cities in Crisis III

Cities in Crisis III
Again CBS and its show 60 Minutes brought me some inspiration. Feeling the need to bring forward the issue of police and Black Lives Matter. I question the need for so much lethal force being used on unarmed people of color. These killings have brought protest that have lead to riots, destruction of property and yes loss of life. Here you can see a couple weapons of rioters with the flow of blood running down the street. It is the blood of many and all nationalities. There is a black side that has many white areas representing other nationalities that are marching with the people of color. The black side was burned with a torch it representing the many business that have been torched. On the other side it is just white. I hope all people are asking for change regardless of skin color.
Yes this will be viewed as a political post and will strike a different chord with many and that is the purpose of this piece. We must return to peace with change. Yes a high risk piece for sure.
I may be in the minority, but this sculpture means something to me and is very representative of our current time. Nice job!

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Ronald Campbell
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device