• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Fuchsia Ballet
S. Clark

Fuchsia Ballet

Sycamore, pyrography, acrylic color, 7.5x3.375

Long after the vibrant summer flowers have faded from our garden, these pretty ladies continue to dance in the shadows.
This is a beautiful piece. The colors are wonderful with the wood tone. Was the acrylic color applied with a brush?

I have a Pine bowl very close to this shape, and it has started to beg me to have Lilly of the Valleys painted on it. Interested in a collaboration ?

James, I have not tried pyrography on pine; it is the key to my painting as it provides the complete tonal shading of the form. The wood grain is also critical as it provides much of the perceived shape and the pattern is carefully positioned making best use of this.

I am interested but I do have commitments on two pieces that will probably occupy me for the next six month. Layout of Lily of the Valley in a form of this shape would be challenging as it is an upright leaf structure and this form lends itself more to a drooping leaf design. Maybe as an exterior design on a taller form would be better?

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
S. Clark
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename