• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Turned Frisbee Discs for AWI/Quad 2012 Raffle.
B

Turned Frisbee Discs for AWI/Quad 2012 Raffle.

These discs were turned from Quilted Hard Maple with a lot of chatoyance and figure. They are all regulation size and do fly if thrown (I certainly hope not). The center Frisbee will not be donated to the Houston Canine Frisbee Disc Club for the raffle. That belongs to my family and is an image of our Aussie Blue Skye, the laser work done by Ric Taylor of Classic Laser Graphics. Ric will also be doing the laser work for the two winners of the discs on the left and right of Skyes. The raffle will be held in conjunction with the Texas qualification meet on March 16th and 17th for the AWI/Quad International meet which will be held later in the year. It has been awhile since I have posted, so wanted to let you see some of what I have been up to. The discs are 9 x 1 and hollowed in the back.
These are very nice. I turned one for my son for Christmas one years, as he was playing Ultimate Frisbee in college. I turned it from Russian plywood and it was meant to fly. Nice work.

cg

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Bill Pottorf
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata