• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
woodturnings_013
D

woodturnings_013

Spalted maple with Ebony finial
Of the three examples you posted, I like this one the best......matter of fact, I enthusiastically like this one Diane! Everyone seems to be doing long thin finials, but yours looks right for the designs you use. Simple, functional, and extremely well executed.....there is a certain sophistication to that concept, and you have taken full advantage of the theme!

Can you show us some interior and bottom photos of your work, as well?

ooc

Thanks Odie! Unfortunately all of these pieces have sold ! I will show bottoms and insides next time I post. I've moved to a new location, and have to finish setting up shop before I make new pieces. . .I can't wait, I haven't turned in about 4 months !

this is my favorite of the three...very pleasing. Good luck with your new place. Hope you get it all organized & ready soon.

Thanks for the good wishes Michelle! The shop is coming along, Wiring is done, we're puttying sheetrock ceilings, and putting up pine walls. . . In the past, I was turning in a one bedroom apartment!

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Diane Vinyard
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Back