• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Stu makes the front page of the Maui news!!

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
I called the Maui News, the Island's oldest and best newspaper, the one with the widest daily circulation, to tell them about Stuart. An award winning reporter came to my studio. Stuart turned a bowl for her, and then she interviewed him. Story came out today, made the front page! The story continued on page 4. So far I have received 7 calls, generating 8 new paying club members, they have to pay club dues in order to watch him tomorrow. Great timing on the free marketing! I actually got the idea from the AAW when I got the club started... I will attach a picture of the newspaper...
We are expecting a good turnout...

IMG_4273.JPG

IMG_7473.JPG

Wow Emiliano! I clicked the “like button” , I wish there was a “golden” button, as on the TV show America’s Got Talet, because I would press it on the fine job you are doing in promoting our craft.

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
Wow Emiliano! I clicked the “like button” , I wish there was a “golden” button, as on the TV show America’s Got Talet, because I would press it on the fine job you are doing in promoting our craft.
Thank you for your nice comment Dennis!!

Good job. When he was here, I was on club Board and we never thought of calling a newspaper or tv station, so you deserve a thumbs up for getting the publicity

Back