• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Wonder Weave

Has anyone used this abrasive for sanding bowls? Any thoughts on comparison to abranet?

Ray I bought some in January at TAW . The best I can say is i am not impressed. I do not think it cuts as fast as the Mirka Gold I had been using. The hook and loop sticks well to the pads I am using, as a matter of fact so well that sometimes the backing on the WW comes off if I remove the pad from the sanding mandrel. After getting used to determining when to change regular sandpaper it is like starting over.

It does work and seems to not be as bad as regular paper on leaving scratches. But works slower so I will be going back to my old paper.

I bought a huge assortment of each kind of sandpaper of which wonder weave or a abranet killer sandpaper was amongst them. It was the least of all my favourite sandpaper’s. I tried it and put it away and finished with the other sample kinds I purchased. Would not recommend it.

Back