• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Down for maintenance

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
I'm getting ready for quintuple coronary bypass surgery this morning so I will be out for maybe a couple weeks or more. Meanwhile, Emiliano is running the show. He's a very capable guy and we're fortunate to have him as a moderator.

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
I'm getting ready for quintuple coronary bypass surgery this morning so I will be out for maybe a couple weeks or more. Meanwhile, Emiliano is running the show. He's a very capable guy and we're fortunate to have him as a moderator.
Thanks for the vote of confidence Bill. Wishing you a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. You will be in my prayers. Do not worry about a thing, let us know if you can, how you doing.

Bill ... Had a quadruple bypass three years ago ... feel better since than I felt in years! Hope your recovery goes as smooth as mine.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. The surgeons who do bypass operations are magicians. If you follow the rehab regime after the procedure you will be stronger then ever.

Has anyone heard how Bill is doing post surgery? Quintuple bypass is a truly major event in someone's life......even a single bypass is indeed! Hope if Emiliano or someone else gets news they will pass it along........provided of course that Bill is okay with them doing so. Prayers and well wishes Bill!!!

Bill-
best wishes for successful surgery and a quick recovery. I hope you're up and making chips fly again soon.

Hopefully, after the first couple of days, you'll be pleasantly surprised to find out that your end of things isn't as bad as you expect. You may not want to do push-ups for a while, but I bet you'll be anxious to be back on here giving us an update real soon. Best wishes for a speedy and uneventful recovery.

Good to hear your brain is back to working at least well enough to type a lucid message.

4 instead of 5--does that mean the doc charges 20% less?

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Good to hear your brain is back to working at least well enough to type a lucid message.

4 instead of 5--does that mean the doc charges 20% less?

I'm sure that he has a way around that. I'm still weak as a kitten so I can't type music.

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
Glad to hear your back. When my Dad had it done all he complained about was the pain in his leg where they took an artery out. Apparently that hurt worse than the chest scars.

Back