• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Haven't been turning bowls lately!

But I have not stopped turning. A few pics ahead. Lol I've been working on some Christmas presents and a couple other small projects. Just thought I'd share. Turned my mom and sister some kitchen utensils and made come boxes for them. Then a couple pens and a dart set. If you're wondering also, I have a NEJE 3500 master that I did the engraving on the box lids. The colored pens are of course acrylic. The wooden pen is done from a piece of Mesquite I picked up off an oilfield road I was on. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• Moms box inside done.jpg
    Moms box inside done.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 123
  • Moms box 2.jpg
    Moms box 2.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 116
  • Susies box inside done.jpg
    Susies box inside done.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 112
  • Susies box 1.jpg
    Susies box 1.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 110
  • Open 1.jpg
    Open 1.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 106
  • Right.jpg
    Right.jpg
    362.3 KB · Views: 106
  • Open.jpg
    Open.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 109
  • Tigerwood Darts.jpg
    Tigerwood Darts.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 104

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
I rarely turn bowls. There are so many more fun things to turn and every member of my family already has a bowl. Bowls also don't sell around here so on the few times I do show I just bring boxes, hand mirrors, ornaments pens, etc. Yea there are usually a few bowls in there as well but mostly they sit on the shelf.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
But I have not stopped turning. A few pics ahead. Lol I've been working on some Christmas presents and a couple other small projects. Just thought I'd share. Turned my mom and sister some kitchen utensils and made come boxes for them. Then a couple pens and a dart set. If you're wondering also, I have a NEJE 3500 master that I did the engraving on the box lids. The colored pens are of course acrylic. The wooden pen is done from a piece of Mesquite I picked up off an oilfield road I was on. Thanks for looking!

Bobby, those are really nice. You ought to post them in the gallery.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
I've only played with steel tip darts. Some of the best competition was against crews on British archaeological projects in Iraqi villages -- sometimes by by the light of a kerosene lamp or lantern! -- in the 1970s-80s. I'll have to look into the Rockler kits.

Back