• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

More Woodturning Magazine Closing

As many of you may have heard, I will be closing down More Woodturning Magazine this year, with the last edition on April 1st.

I'd like to clarify a topic that has surfaced on various forums. While it is true that we will be offering access to all 247 past editions of the magazine in pdf format when we close on April 1st, this access is only available to subscribers who are current and paid up on April 1st.

For full details go to https://www.morewoodturningmagazine.com/

I'd like to thank all of you on this forum for your continued support of me, More Woodturning Magazine, and Woodturning Online over the seventeen years I have been involved in these endeavors. I look forward to more time in the woodshop and more time traveling this beautiful country in our motorhome as I fully retire.

Dennis Daudelin

Dennis, sorry to see this resource discontinued. One question...if someone signs up for the past issue access offer, how long will these pdf files be available for online viewing and download?

Hi Ed, the pdf files will be available from April 1st to October 1st. I've also compressed each year into a zip file so that should help with the downloading.

Hi Bernie,

An approximate size would be about 2 GB. That does include the compressed (.zip) files that should help reduce the download times.

During the month, we’ve had several people expressed concerns about downloading from slow connections or taking up too much space on their computers. They asked if they could purchase the magazine editions on a USB memory stick.

We’ve been working on how to do this. We expect to complete our research in the next few days so we can announce in the February edition of the magazine how subscribers only can purchase USB memory sticks containing every edition of the magazine. We should be able to start taking orders right away and will be able to start shipping them out at the beginning of April.

We stop taking subscriptions on January 31st so anyone wanting to participate in this program needs to subscribe by then.

I hope this helps,

RichColvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
OTI Member
Website
www.colvintools.com
This makes me sad. Great tool for woodturning going away .....

James, at this time, we are no longer taking subscriptions. We have had several people, like yourself, ask us about access to the magazine editions. Once we have finished the last editions of the magazine, fulfilled the orders for USB Thumb Drives archives, we will consider offering the magazine archive to others. However this is will not happen until the fall at the earliest. Thanks for asking,

Dennis

James, at this time, we are no longer taking subscriptions. We have had several people, like yourself, ask us about access to the magazine editions. Once we have finished the last editions of the magazine, fulfilled the orders for USB Thumb Drives archives, we will consider offering the magazine archive to others. However this is will not happen until the fall at the earliest. Thanks for asking,

Dennis
That would be great. I enjoyed the sample issue. Please post and let us know when further copies of the archives are available. Looks like this should be nice information to review.

Back