• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Organizing Sanding Supplies & CA

Recently I decided to think about solutions to issues that have bothered me in my turning pastime. I just finished up, what is for me, a new and much more efficient way of keeping all of my sanding supplies - disks, 2" & 3" paper in 80 to 800 grits, replacement pads, roloc pads, roloc extensions, CA glues of different viscosity, etc., etc. Previously, I had my sanding supplies in multiple places requiring a lot of walking and searching for stuff. Since this pic from 3 days ago, I've added a holder for my Varigrind II, and my other Wolverine tool rest for my grinder. The 1st pic is with the drawer unit in position for when I'm sanding and the 2nd pic is with it partially pivoted to it's "home"
What is everyone else doing?

Attachments

• IMG_1391.jpg
    IMG_1391.jpg
    460.3 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_1392.jpg
    IMG_1392.jpg
    424.7 KB · Views: 260

Mark Hepburn

Artist & Chef
Paul, that looks really good. I especially like the swing arm and the hanger for your sander. But the whole setup is great. I'm definitely stealing some of the ideas you have.

You could also use a piece of EMT conduit of appropriate size and use a conduit bender to put a couple offsets in the conduit to make a swing arm.

You could also use a piece of EMT conduit of appropriate size and use a conduit bender to put a couple offsets in the conduit to make a swing arm.
I initially did just that, but making 2 90 degree bends that close to each other created some issues with adjusting the overall height, so I scrapped that and used black pipe instead.

I use an old milk carton with a hanging file frame and hanging files. Each file is marked with the number of the grit. Takes up very little room on a shelf. Autographed photos are available on request. o_O

I initially did just that, but making 2 90 degree bends that close to each other created some issues with adjusting the overall height, so I scrapped that and used black pipe instead.

Bending electrical conduit takes a fair amount of practice, finesse and the proper bender for the size of conduit being bent, the threaded pipe is an easy solution and should last forever.
Those back to back bends going in opposite directions can be a challenge depending on the size of conduit and trying to support the conduit for the final bend.

Back