• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Another powered respirator question - Gentex Pureflo 3000

I have a Trend Airshield Pro that works great but I think I want to upgrade to a more professional PAPR. I looked at the Versaflo units but would prefer a self contained model. I've been looking at the Gentex Pureflo 3000. Its self contained, has a Hepa filter and optional organic filter. Two lithium batteries each with a 4 hour run time and 2 hour charge time, can use any clip on ear muffs designed for hard hats, its air flow is 7.7 cfm and it weighs 1.9 pounds with the battery. Cost is$979 but they back ordered until October. The replacement filters and visor covers seem very reasonably priced.

I was wondering if anyone has one or has used one, or even seen one. Would this be something in the middle ground between the Trend and Versaflo? Thoughts?

Damon

My understanding is that Gentex has been around a long time and they make a wide variety of respirators and power assisted respirators for a variety of industries including nuclear and welding. There are several youtube videos of the various respirators including the one I linked above. Four replacement visor protectors for $20 and a replacement hepa filter for $35 seems very reasonable too.

Well, I thought I would be the guinea pig so I ordered one. I could only find a few dealers and ended up going with AFC International. John was able to answer all my questions, the price was less than listed on their web site and shortly after I placed my order I received an email with an guaranteed 'ship on or before' date. There is another company that has them in stock ready to ship but they are charging 20% more than the three other dealers I spoke with. I'm willing to wait for the savings.

I'll post a review some time down the road after I receive it, and have had a chance to use it.

Take a look at PekeSafety products. I just got a CleanAir PAPR (lots cheaper than Versaflo) earlier this week and am VERY happy with it after using it all day yesterday. They also have a Powercap PAPR that’s more like the Trend product.

Worth a look

Back