• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Prop for the Grizz

I have to hoist my wood up onto the bed of the G055 to cut them round and the most annoying thing that happens besides blade binding is the tilt on the bed slipping from the weight. I cant tighten it enough to prevent that, so the other day I just cut a stick to just the right length so I can wedge it under the table to support it. An easy to undo fix thats not in the way of anything. Dont know if other brands have this problem thats as easy to fix.76BE9886-2650-4FEE-966F-1378914D41B3.jpeg

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
I have a marvelous tool.

Hydraulic table.

I move large blanks from hand truck to hydraulic table. Raise the hydraulic table to the height of the bandsaw table. Lock the wheels and I have this huge auxhilary table.

one advantage of the Laguna saw is a low table height. I often sit on a stool when cutting small stuff.

hydraulic table might not get high enough for your saw.

Dave Landers

Beta Tester
Website
dlwoodturning.com
Here's what I did for my 14" Delta

IMG_5497.jpeg

That extra table surface really helped dealing with larger stock. I think you could easily adapt something like this with a hinge so it'd fold down out of the way when not in use.

I don't use that extension anymore because I "fixed" that problem by acquiring a 20" Delta/Rockwell. YMMV on that option.

Here's what I did for my 14" Delta

View attachment 35220

That extra table surface really helped dealing with larger stock. I think you could easily adapt something like this with a hinge so it'd fold down out of the way when not in use.

I don't use that extension anymore because I "fixed" that problem by acquiring a 20" Delta/Rockwell. YMMV on that option.
I like that idea though I would have to rearrange things a bit to make room for it. You could easily drill pivot holes in the table top for circle cutting too.

I did the same thing with my GO55 several months ago and it really makes a difference not having to level the table regularly. Have to think about Dave's idea with a hinged drop down would have bee nice today when I cut that 6x16 walnut blank. Did not realize wet walnut was so heavy.

The hinged table would need to be easily removable to access the pin and slot to remove the blade. The pictured design would also preclude using the fence I have bolted to the table. I think a sliding bar type mount similar to what the sharpening systems use for a grinder would be good assuming a way is found to fit it to the table.

Some ideas to work with here. I have been wanting to make an outfeed table, and some thing kind of what like Dave has for handling bigger pieces. With my chainsaw chopsaw, I can cut slabs that I can still lift up to the table, Laguna 16HD. The hinged idea may work well, or some thing that I just slide into place. Ideally, the outfeed table would have storage for blades as well.

robo hippy

The hinged table would need to be easily removable to access the pin and slot to remove the blade. The pictured design would also preclude using the fence I have bolted to the table. I think a sliding bar type mount similar to what the sharpening systems use for a grinder would be good assuming a way is found to fit it to the table.

You want removable a lift off hinge like the below link will do that.
https://www.grainger.com/product/3H...ucid=N:N:PS:Paid:GGL:CSM-2295:LA9F1Y:20500731

I did get a set of those years ago, and shall we say they were not made for heavy duty use. The pins bent. I am sure there should be other options out there... Now, I am thinking about a bucket of 4 by 4 metal hinges I have.....

robo hippy

Tom Gall

TOTW Team
Im thinking square tubing mounted under the table with smaller tubing that fits snug inside to attach to the extension table, with the prop stick possibly in a similar place to where it is now.
Gary, in one of your earlier posts (#5) above you said you didn't think you had enough room without rearranging things.
If you used the square tubing idea that would add extra length to deal with....and you would have to store it somewhere. But I don't know what your shop arrangement is....so maybe I should just shut up! :rolleyes:

Ok how many times do you change a blade? once maybe twice in 3 months, not counting Reed. So use regular door hinge and when you need to remove the table just slip the hinge pins out. To make this easier just sand the pin a little to reduce diameter.

Back