• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Glaser Turning Tools

Ok Ed....go to your room....

Original Glasers can only be found with vendors who have old stock. Seems you will have to wait for the new Glasers to be released and vendors receive their stock.

Highland Woodworking is carrying them, that is, the new ones. Phil Coulson, the manager of HH, had about 20 various gouges for sale at the Turning Southern Style this past weekend in North Georgia. I bought a detail gouge and love it. I had bought several gouges from Jerry previously and liked them.

FWIW At a demo here last week JoHannes Michelsen has some old stock Glaser gouges and steel for sale.
He had 1/2 and 5/8 black handled deep bowl gougesand 1" shallow red in 18 and 24" handles as well as 3/8 and 1/2" A11 unhandled gouges.

mark.

At the same demo at Captial Area Woodworkers, Johannes Michelson said he would be selling a line of Glaser type tools and handles. He said the steel was ready but he was waiting on the handles which he feels will be better then the original Glaser. He thinks about a month. Annie and I have a 3/8 bowl gouge on order with his "special hat making grind". Contact him for details at:

http://www.woodhat.com

I talked to Phil Coulsen at Highland Hardware and he said that they had not gotten the Glaser gouges listed on the website yet, but confirmed that he has most of the variations in stock.
If you are interested, give him a call at Highland
800-241-6748.

Back