• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Where are you?

Website
www.burntchimneystudios.com
I have a simple request for each of you. PLEASE consider putting where you are located in your profile so that it is displayed on your posts. I always look for that piece of info. Part of the fun of participating in a forum is to know where the other contributors are located. It adds something to the discussion.

For example, early on I noticed that Denny Friedel is located in Seaford, Delaware. It so happens that Seaford is my home town and I have occasional reasons to visit there. I just might hook up with Denny for a quick visit to his shop.

This request is coming from Burnt Chimney, Virginia, :D :D

Hello Ed,

I like your suggestion, I have also wondered where others are located. I live in the SMALL town of Texas (not even on the map) next to Clinton, IL. The land of corn and soy beans, and right now solid ice. If you are ever in the area, stop in and we can give it a turn. I have included a photo of our internet, web home page, it gives me a warm feeling this time of the year.

Attachments

• MVC-014h.JPG
    MVC-014h.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 530
Hello Ed
I used to do some deer hunting in Bedford Co. thats not too far from You
I live In Scott co. arcross the state line from Kingsport TN. and down from Bristol about 20 miles.
Jim

Website
www.picturetrail.com
Hi Ed;
I live on an acerage on a mountainside just out of Wynndel, British Columbia , Canada.
That is just about 6 miles north of the USA/Canada border at the top of the Idaho panhandle.
I have had many woodworking forum freinds visit me from many parts of USA and Canada. The coffee 's always on here.
Here is what I have to put up with when looking out my shop window (depending on the season). That is overlooking the beautifull Creston Valley rich in agriculture, fruit orchards and forestry related businesses.
W.Y.
40624633.jpg

worth repeating

Ed Moore said:
I have a simple request for each of you. PLEASE consider putting where you are located in your profile so that it is displayed on your posts. I always look for that piece of info. Part of the fun of participating in a forum is to know where the other contributors are located. It adds something to the discussion. :D :D

I'm noticing many n oo b's (and others) have not yet added where they are located (approximately is good) in their settings.

I'm replying to Ed Moore's post to bring it up to the top of the forum again.

I started a thread with this same question in April of this year. It got seven pages of favorable responces but nothing changed. I would like to see everyone go back and update their profile with a location. I would also like to see something added to the profile page that encourages newbes to include this information when the create their profile for tyhe first time.

Greg Stanford said:
What does N oo B mean anyway?
Newbie (new to forum.) Post one more message and you will be a member rather than a N oo B. (it takes 5 message posts--photos come and go so they do not seem to affect the count the same way.) (Check out Help, Rules & FAQ for a list of forum "member catagories".)

Where are you ?

HI everybody!
Haven't made many posts, still in the learning stages however I have learned and gathered a great deal of info here. Thanks. :cool2: Madisonville PA. is about thirteen miles East of Scranton.

Northern Wisconsin

I live in N. Wi. on a gorgeous lake in the woods. I have
8 ft. of glass over looking the lake on one end of the studio.
Sometimes it's real hard to stay interested in turning.

Leslie S said:
As in the profile, Carnegie, PA 6 miles southest of Pittsburgh

Goooooo Steelers! My other passion is woodturning. Used to live in Castle Shannon, PA now in Misery. Oops, I mean Missouri. :D

Joyce

Back