• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Good manners would be appreciated.

Website
www.zionfire.com
Clarification, please...

Norm, did you ask something that was not answered or that was answered in a surly fashion?? Surely hope not. It's not characteristic of this bunch at all. We tease a bit, but usually are not slow to answer or surly either one! :(

Hi Dave,
I have been participating in this site for a few years and enjoy it very much. I am also a member of AAW.
A few days ago someone was selling something and I asked the price. There was no reply. I just think that it is rude not to respond to a question. I don`t even see the thread now.
I believe that this is a great site with wonderful people, but every site has a few.
Thank`s for your concern.
Norm

Website
www.ispinwood.com
I have been pleased with the information and timely responses on this forum but sometimes patience is necessary. I for one am not always able to return to the forum daily. There are stretches of a week or two that I am out of town or just busy with other activities. If my time is limited and my choice is to spin wood for an hour or read threads, I choose to spin wood. For me that is where the rubber meets the road.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Norm Smith said:
Hi Dave,
I have been participating in this site for a few years and enjoy it very much. I am also a member of AAW.
A few days ago someone was selling something and I asked the price. There was no reply. I just think that it is rude not to respond to a question. I don`t even see the thread now.
I believe that this is a great site with wonderful people, but every site has a few.
Thank`s for your concern.
Norm
The posting is still there in the Want Ads forum. Possibly, he had already sold it before you posted your question. Anyway, I agree that it would be nice to reply by PM and then remove the post. If you haven't checked your private messages there may be a reply.

Bill

Steve Worcester

Admin Emeritus
Website
www.turningwood.com
Norm Smith said:
We don't delete many threads, send me a private message and let me know what it was for.

As far as rude, some people only check once a week or so.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Norm,

I read the post again and I noticed that it says to make an offer. I presume that implies he is looking for a PM to discuss it. Personally, I don't care for making offers when someone is selling something but wants the buyer to offer a price. My response is to continue looking elsewhere.

Bill

Apology accepted and given.

Well , I just received an Email from Gary apologizing for not responding sooner. He said that he does not check his post very often. Now I feel like a s---. I shot from the hip too soon. Sorry Gary.
Norm

Hey Norm, relax. Glad this place works as well as it does. You being honest, request for forgiveness, your granting it....it works. One of my most detested phrases: it's all good.

No need for an apology, I really like a quick response too. I work at a Hospital and the hours are sometimes wacky. This is a great forum.

Back