• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Angels

Due to some experiences earlier this summer I want to make some angels as gifts for some special people that really are the angels in my life. Sometime back I remember an article about turning angels as table decorations and smaller ones as ornaments. I think I remember the article pretty good but would like to look it over again, but can't find it. It could've been in AAW journal, Woodturning Design, or maybe something else. For some reason I think Nick Cook may have been the author but could've been someone else. Anybody remember where this article was printed? Maybe steer me towards it? I know I have it in my stack in the shop but never could locate it today.

Searching for it also reminded me that one of my projects for after Christmas gift-making season is a cabinet with glass doors to store my magazines and shop books in to avoid the dust storm I caused today digging through the stacks on my cabinets :cool2:

Another on Angels

For another take, see the AAW Journal, Fall, 2006, page 26+
"Turned into an Angel" by Linda VanGehuchten.

T-Bird

Back