• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Early-bird Registration for DWR Now Open

I just received an email from my local club informing me that early-bird registration for this coming February's Desert Woodturning Roundup is now open. Early registration, which closes September 7th, saves $20 a person ($40/couple). It also helps our local club make the large deposits required by the Mesa Convention Center and other vendors.

The DWR will be held February 18, 19, & 20, 2011 in Mesa, Arizona.

Here's a link where you can learn more: http://www.desertwoodturningroundup.com/

Note: I have no official capacity with the DWR (although I hope to run a video camera or some such).

Unlike David I do have an official capacity with the DWR. I've been working for several months on the demonstrator lineup. I think the lineup covers a wide variety of turning styles and techniques. Mike Mahoney, Lyle Jamieson, Christian Burchard, Mark Sfirri, Stephen Hatcher, Don Ward, Al Stirt, and Ron Goble.

There also aren't many better placed to be in the middle of winter than Arizona. Highs will probably be in the 70s.

Jason

Single day registration is a new option this year. We had gotten feedback from attendees and others who did not attend that some folks are cash or time constrained. So if folks are going to be in the area, but not sure they want to attend the whole event, that is another option.

Back