• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

new forum

i think you took a very nice forum and messed it up
the color is too light and the contrast isnt as good as on the old forum
also it takes several tries to get to this new forum

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
I am sort of neutral about background colors on a web site as long as they aren't creating a problem reading, but I do feel that the current colors are a huge improvement over the previous yellow and orange. The colors currently being used appear to be one of if not the most popular vBulletin forum color schemes. Three of the five forums that I participate in use the same colors.

What part is hard to read? Black letters on a white background are the highest contrast that you will find. Check the settings in your browser and operating system. They might not be optimized for your system. For example, if you have an LCD monitor and have the OS display set for CRT then the letters will have jaggies or might be fuzzy. If you have a large hi-res monitor then you might need to change the font display size to make it larger.

A lot of people apparently like the changes because the level of activity here has increased tremendously. Prior to the upgrade, finding one new post per day was about par and seeing three posts per day would have been really busy.

As far as getting here is concerned -- click on this link and then bookmark it: [url]http://www.aawforum.org/vbforum/forum.php [/URL]That ought to take care of any problem that you are having finding the forum. When you log in click, "Remember Me" and don't log out when you leave.

Last edited:
Website
www.chuckswoodshed.com
Opinions are like belly buttons, most people have one.

I really like the new forum layout; colors and all.

If you are entering the site via woodturner.org then I agree there are too many clicks to get to the forum, but like Bill says, just bookmark the specific link to the forum.

John Van Domelen

Retired Forum Admin
Thanks guys, good replies.

You can't please everyone. :(

The new look is fresh (to me anyway), high contrast and is part of the total redesign of the AAW's web presence.

Back