• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

apple

1. Apple hollow form (detail)

Apple hollow form (detail)

Turned from dripping wet apple, walls turned thin (1/8"). Surprisingly, it didn't check as it dried, but it warped enough to give it some character. About 5.5" tall.
  2. Apple hollow form

Apple hollow form

Turned from dripping wet apple, walls turned thin (1/8"). Surprisingly, it didn't check as it dried, but it warped enough to give it some character. About 5.5" tall.
  3. Christmas 2010 Box Group

Christmas 2010 Box Group

A group of boxes I made for my wife and children. The front and right ones were inspired by the vision of a U.S. sailor wearing a "Dixie Cup" hat and dungarees. The left one is my first attempt at a sphere box and the back my first attempt at a deep box. They vary in size from...
  4. Apple and ebony sculpture.

Apple and ebony sculpture.

5 inches tall
  5. Spalted Apple HF

Spalted Apple HF

I was given a small piece of apple log. I was anxious to turn it as I had not had the opportunity to turn apple before. Turned green to 1/8" thickness. Sanded and finished with oil finish after it dried. The piece elongated a little into a slight football shape. 5.5x 5.25"x4 3/8 tall...
  6. "violin memories"

"violin memories"

An apple turned vase with a violin carving to depict the "orange slice special" violin seen at the AAW live auction. This vase was turned as a gift to the violin teacher, Eric, who played the violin for me the day before the symposium in Richmond and gave me his valuable feedback for...
  7. Apple and box

Apple and box

A Commission for EnZa NewZeland a presentation box was part of the commission
  8. large Apple

large Apple

A commission 2.5 times as big as a real apple made from Apple wood just buffed and waxed Made for Enza NewZealnd
  9. Apple & Pink Ivory Ring Cup

Apple & Pink Ivory Ring Cup

Cup: Apple (Domestic - local) Base: Pink Ivory (Exotic) & white rhinestone Dimensions: 1.5"h x 1.625"w Wow, that sold fast! This piece was listed for less than 24 hours and it was sold, packed and shipped. I do hope the buyer enjoys it. Another ring cup, this time made from...
  10. "Pink Lady" Apple & Pink Ivory

"Pink Lady" Apple & Pink Ivory

Globe: Spalted Apple - Hollowed 3" Diameter Cap & Base: Pink Ivory Height: 4" See my site for more detail shots: http://www.truffuls.com/gallery.php?homeinclude=catalog&category_id=1&parent_id=0&product_id=12&countdisplay=5&start=4&addcountview=Yes The...
  11. Flower Goblets

Flower Goblets

My most recent series of flower goblets. From left to right the flowers are tan oak, eucalyptus, apple. The stems were turned and carved from bay. Dye and acrylic paints used for the finishes. Let me know what you think.
  12. Apple bowl

Apple bowl

6 1/2" x 2 1/2" Mahoney`s Utility finish & buffed
  13. Multi-Axis Birdhouses

Multi-Axis Birdhouses

Inspired by Frank Penta at a workshop,I discovered that these birdhouses are extremely fun and easy to turn. The double perch birdhouse is apple wood, while the single perch house is bradford pear. I used Deft lacquer spray finish especially as the natural bark is rough and would be hard to...
  14. Apple Burl Pieces

Apple Burl Pieces

These were turned from the "scraps" of the biggest Apple burl i have ever seen (about 200 pounds). They are still drying, but I like the way they look now. Olive oil & bees wax finish. The natural edge piece is 3 3/8 inches across by 1 3/8 inches high. Pedistal bowl is 3 inches...
  15. Apple Bowl (top)

Apple Bowl (top)

Top View.
  16. Apple Bowl

Apple Bowl

4" wide x 4" tall. Apple bowl turned green and finished right after. Rim was carved with small bowl gouge since I dont have any carving tools. Laquer finish. Buffed with steel wool and paper.
  17. Apple Core

Apple Core

Hollow vessel turned from green apple wood.
  18. Apple mosaic - 365

Apple mosaic - 365

3" wide x 4 1/4" tall - pattern burned with pyrography pen, black areas textured, piece colored with Prismacolor markers
  19. Curly Apple Plate

Curly Apple Plate

From a 100 year old apple tree in Granma Scott's back yard
Back