• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

cherry

1. Pecan and Cherry Acorn Box

Pecan and Cherry Acorn Box

Acorn box 3.5" max diameter at the cap. 4.25" H. Body made from pecan and the cap and base of cherry.
  2. Cherry Salad bowl

Cherry Salad bowl

11 inch cherry bowl with cherry utensils
  3. Cosmic cloud I

Cosmic cloud I

My first cosmic cloud for a friend who is retiring from church position. The cherry came from his land. 11 3/4 inch. Finish is lacquer.
  4. Cherry Teapot

Cherry Teapot

Cherry teapot, Walnut spout, handle and knob. Mahoney's oil finish then buffed out. 5 1/4" tall, 4 1/2" diameter.
  5. Cherry Crotch with some burl top view

Cherry Crotch with some burl top view

hollow form made from Cherry. Rough parts include cherry amber left in the piece and polished.
  6. Cherry Crotch with some burl

Cherry Crotch with some burl

hollow form made from Cherry. Rough parts include cherry amber left in the piece and polished.
  7. Three vases with translucent epoxy inlays.

Three vases with translucent epoxy inlays.

Two in cherry and one in spalted maple, all about 3 inches in diameter. For this photo I put a small led battery-powered lamp in the bottom. Can you figure out how I make them?
  8. Rusty Nesmith

Lidded box

Made this box. Just adding the finish. It is made from leftover walnut and cherry from a cutting board project.
  9. P

Tips for Wood Species & Glue-Ups

I am relatively new to woodturning and I could use some pointers on a couple of items. I'm starting a new project (not to resale) for a couple of clients/friends and I'll need to glue up the blanks, 4'' x 4'' x 4'' per cup. Should I be worried about any grain direction issues while gluing up...
  10. Goblet ?

Goblet ?

Having fun, learning, experimenting... Cherry with Cherry CompWood Lacquer and red acrylic 9.5"h x 4.75"w Bowl is 2.25"h x 1.75"w
  11. Little Cherry Hollow Form

Little Cherry Hollow Form

3.5 inches tall by 4.5 inches wide. Old off cut of cherry laying around. Buffed with Beall System only.
  12. Live Edge Cherry Bowl

Live Edge Cherry Bowl

About 6 - 7 inches tall and 8-9 inches wide. Turned and finished with Danish Oil then buffed with Beall system.
  13. Dome Lidded Box

Dome Lidded Box

A recently completed cherry box with weathered black locust pull. The pull is a root section from a tree that has probably been down for decades. 5 1/2" D x 10" - texturing with a brass wire wheel, lacquer finish.
  14. Dome Lidded Box

Dome Lidded Box

A recently completed cherry box with weathered black locust pull. The pull is a root section from a tree that has probably been down for decades. 5 1/2" D x 10" - texturing with a brass wire wheel, lacquer finish.
  15. Simple cherry bowl

Simple cherry bowl

About 6 inches high and seven inches across. This was from cherry that was air dried for 15 years in a hot shed. The color is really nice. Finished with shine juice.
  16. Captive Goblet

Captive Goblet

A twist on classic turning and carving forms. Cherry, 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" x 9 1/2".
  17. Opening Blum

Opening Blum

Cherry hollow form is carved to three petals. Originally tried Waterlox which did not work well so started over with Watco
  18. Pair of cherry burl goblets

Pair of cherry burl goblets

These cherry burl goblets, roughly 7" tall, have cocobolo stems with bocote bases, displayed on a walnut tray
  19. D

Debra Higley-Feldman

I've been turning about 25 years (taught by a boyfriend [they have their uses]), but really immersed myself in it (and shavings) with retirement 1.5 years ago. Girls weren't allowed in shop in HS, so there are some gaps in my knowledge. I turn lamps, pepper grinders, bowls, lidded boxes, and...
  20. John Torchick

Turning hackberry?

My neighbor is cutting several trees at the back of his lot. One is some type of cherry which I'm going to pick up a few pieces- love to turn cherry. The other has a real light wood which he said was hackberry. Worth drying and turning? Thanks.
Back