• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

cocobolo

1. Cocobolo Pagoda Box

Cocobolo Pagoda Box

I just can't seem to get away from boxes so here is another one! Turned from nicely colored Cocobolo (Dalbergia Retusa), it is a pagoda style, modeled after Ray Key's. The diameter of each section is smaller as it stacks, and the height of each section is also shorter as it stacks. Turned...
  2. Cocobolo Round Edge Box

Cocobolo Round Edge Box

Now, back to the boxes....this little box is similar to my Masur Birch one I made but has a few changes. The overall shape is more compact and only the bottom edge is rounded, which I think looks better. It also features a slightly undercut domed lid design and a foot, which makes it appear like...
  3. Maple Salt Box

Maple Salt Box

A salt box I made of maple. I engraved the salt symbol by adding a laser to my mini lathe. Cocobolo knob on top. Chatterwork inside and out
  4. Cocobolo with Ebony and Aluminum

Cocobolo with Ebony and Aluminum

Cocobolo vase (5.5"D x 6" ) adourned with a removable ebony collar and aluminum/cocobolo finial. Overall about 11" tall. All components hand-turned by usual method as previous items. Commments and Critiques are appreciated. www.perfectwoodworks.com
  5. Coved cocobolo box...

Coved cocobolo box...

A little box in cocobolo 1 3/4" tall and 2 3/4" in diameter.
  6. Bird of Passage

Bird of Passage

This is a turned off center platter with inlays. The platter is cocbolo. The inlaid black sticks are ebony. The domed circles are 24K gold leaf and are also inlaid.
  7. SQUARE COCOBOLO BOWL (SOLD)

SQUARE COCOBOLO BOWL (SOLD)

2 X 7 SQUARE COCOBOLO BOWL WITH BEAUTIFUL GRAIN AND SAPWOOD HIGHLIGHTD
  8. Mortar & Pestle

Mortar & Pestle

Mortar: Turned from laminated solid surface. Pestle: Cocobolo with inlaid solid surface face How to Video @ http://youtube.com/turnedoutright
  9. Cleanse First (2008)

Cleanse First (2008)

Cocobolo with a pure wax finish. This is one of those turnings where all the flaws work together to become something else.
  10. Celestes Valentine

Celestes Valentine

ring box
  11. and_open

and_open

Ring box/holder with a little tray
  12. Cocobolo box...

Cocobolo box...

This box is 2 1/4" tall and 2 3/4" in diameter. The box was sanded until smooth and finished with wax.
  13. Mexican cocobolo beaded box...

Mexican cocobolo beaded box...

Here is a little beaded box, 1 7/8" tall and 2 1/2" in diameter turned from wood labeled as Mexican cocobolo. Hollowed exceptionally well and smelled wonderful. A delicious piece of wood to turn....
  14. Cocobolo box....

Cocobolo box....

A cocobolo box inspired by Richard Raffan's mosque boxes. This box is 2 3/4" in both directions, sanded to 12000 micro mesh and waxed.
  15. Cocobolo Bowl

Cocobolo Bowl

Small Cocobolo Bowl 2"h x 4 3/4"w
  16. Cocobolo Hollow Vessel

Cocobolo Hollow Vessel

Cocobolo Hollow Vessel with Ebony Rim 5 1/2"h x 5 1/2"w
  17. Cocobolo Hollow Vessel - Alternate view

Cocobolo Hollow Vessel - Alternate view

Cocobolo vase 9"h x 5 3/4"w
  18. Cocobolo Hollow Vessel

Cocobolo Hollow Vessel

Tall open Cocobolo Hollow 9"h x 5 3/4"w