• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

lumber

1. J

Is tree trunks that fell in a storm ok to turn?

I read that trees that have experienced Wind Shake should not / can not be used for woodworking or turning. As I sit here watching the local news the first story is about how today's storms brought down many trees. Is the structure of a tree trunk damaged if it falls during a storm? I am not...
  2. Jim McLain

Cocobolo Shorts

I have been trying to thin down my lumber collection a little and have these cocobolo shorts that I would like to sell. There are 12 boards all about 3x24. About half are over 3/4 think and half are just under 3/4 thick. All planed two sides but not edged. Some boards have some flaws but for...
  3. W

In Search of Turners near me

Anyone on here that I do not already know? I'm in Troy, PA 16947
Back