• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

ornaments

1. 2022 Ornaments … finally!

2022 Ornaments … finally!

For Christmas 2022 I had to give out IOUs for ornaments … finished these a few days before Christmas 2023. Whew! Hollow globes are Maple with Holly icicles, hangers and caps. Textured and airbrushed, acrylic and metallic paints. All are a little different (shape, design, or colors) but...
  2. Green Sea Urchin Ornament

Green Sea Urchin Ornament

While I was at the OVWG Symposium, I watched Ashley Harwood demonstrate sea urchin ornaments. Excellent demo and ornament, so, inspired with ideas and plenty of skill I sought out to try them on my own! Here is the result. Green sea urchin ornament with Gaboon Ebony finials. Shell is filled with...
  3. Birdhouse Ornaments

Birdhouse Ornaments

Box elder body and fog wood roof. Turned birds are maple and walnut.
  4. Save Your Scraps

Save Your Scraps

Save your small scraps of interesting woods during the year and glue them together to turn ornaments! These were made for a fundraiser at our local children's hospital but the fundraising event was canceled. Maybe I'll save them for next year (or maybe Santa will deliver a few as gifts this...
  5. Ornamental Buttons / Pendants

Ornamental Buttons / Pendants

Ornamental turned Buttons & Pendants.1" to 2" in size. Various woods, nuts, clay, paper, ceramic & glass.
  6. John Torchick

Getting more confidence

I must confess........the ornament kits I got at WC was for last year. But I put off turning even though the WC folks printed off the instructions which were very useful. I had no confidence in actually turning wood. I had made some custom fishing rods and made grips and reel seats. These...
  7. Michael Poorman

Latest Round of Christmas Ornaments

I know it's becoming a theme, but here are my most recent ornaments. Comments and suggestions welcome. Thanks for looking!
  8. Five Ornaments

Five Ornaments

Materials used in these ornaments from left to right: Spalted Maple/Purpleheart; Tulipwood/Bloodwood; Banksia Pod/Tiger Maple; Maple/Pink Ivory; Wenge/Maple
  9. Inside-Out Ornaments

Inside-Out Ornaments

Presimon, Cocobolo, Pear, Walnut, Bloodwood. All inside out turnings!
  10. Christmas Ornaments

Christmas Ornaments

Flower Christmas Ornaments tiger maple disk, birdseye maple flowers, blackwood center. Airbrushed dyes and lacquer finish. Modified swivel for fishing line/hook for hanging. About 2"
  11. Ornaments and Display Stand

Ornaments and Display Stand

Oct. 15/08- This set of six ornaments and stand are for a silent auction at our annual Force Gala this weekend. (See www.stopthequarry.ca ) Bell (with Ebony Clapper) and Angel (thank you Eugen Schlaak) are plain Box Elder (Canadian Holly) I processed a couple of years ago from fresh log pieces...
  12. Inside-out, ornament, walnut

Inside-out, ornament, walnut

This inside-out ornament was made by placing the four pieces in 4 difference configurations, i.e. turning them four times. Comments Welcome.
  13. Selection of Ornaments

Selection of Ornaments

Some ornaments I turned to donate to charity.
  14. AAW Forum contest entry

AAW Forum contest entry

15. SNOWMEN ORNAMENTS

SNOWMEN ORNAMENTS

Merry Chrismas and Happy New Year to All!!!!
  16. ornaments

ornaments

1" dia. x 2" long most are holly, a few are Japanese plum. 3/8" maple dowel. Prismacolor markers, spray lacquer.
  17. Christmas Ornaments

Christmas Ornaments

Here are some Christmas ornaments that I've recently completed. Left to right: box elder with walnut finials black cherry burl with ash black cherry burl with maple black cherry burl with ash black cherry burl with walnut
Back