• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

square

1. Cottonwood and Walnut Square Bowl

Cottonwood and Walnut Square Bowl

I turned this in a club challenge. Those participating were given a piece of cottonwood, told to turn something and add to it. I got a square piece, so out came a square bowl, I added the walnut lid and finial. It is 7x7x4 plus the finial. You can see the worm holes. I hit some with CA and left...
  2. fragmentatious top

fragmentatious top

view looking down
  3. fragmantatious

fragmantatious

A wedding gift made from same stock as the mantle clock, size is 6"x6"x1" Finish is lacquer
  4. SQUARE COCOBOLO BOWL (SOLD)

SQUARE COCOBOLO BOWL (SOLD)

2 X 7 SQUARE COCOBOLO BOWL WITH BEAUTIFUL GRAIN AND SAPWOOD HIGHLIGHTD
  5. Square Cherry Tealight

Square Cherry Tealight

This is about 6" square and the wings are 1/16" thin.
  6. Square swirls

Square swirls

Ancient Kauri 550mm square .Turned square with no waste blocks .The wings were hand carved in a random swirl pattern .The idea came from watching the ocean come up the beach.The piece sits on 3 feet . The wings were stained and lacquer applied . At Easter this will be entering an exhibition at...
  7. Square Bowl, Square Foot

Square Bowl, Square Foot

This bowl is ash, about 10 1/2 by 13 inches and the most striking feature is probably not the foot, but the bark on the far side. The non-bark edges were left rough in keeping with the overall theme.
  8. Square Ash Bowl 5311

Square Ash Bowl 5311

This is a "square" ash bowl which measures about 12 inches by 13 inches.
  9. Square Ash Platter

Square Ash Platter

This is an an ash platter which is about 12 inches square. It sits on a one inch high by 3 inch diameter inverse tapered foot (not visible in this view).
  10. Natural Edge Apricot Square Bowl_07

Natural Edge Apricot Square Bowl_07

This bowl has a natural bark edge in a square shape with a 2 3/4" w by 1" h bowl in the center of the 5 3/4" square. Total height of the piece is 1 1/2" due to the upturn of the square wing. Buffed Lacquer finish.
  11. Eucalyptus Burl Oil Lamp

Eucalyptus Burl Oil Lamp

Womderful wood. Turned wet then alcohol dried. It is a wood that does what it wants to, so I let it.
  12. Box Elder Square Oil Lamp

Box Elder Square Oil Lamp

Beautiful piece of Box Elder. Not particularly figured, but nice red streaks
  13. Square Bowl - quarter sawn red oak

Square Bowl - quarter sawn red oak

7in. by 7in. wide, 1 5/8in tall little under 1/8in. thick. Finished in teak oil. I like the spiraling circular grain of this quarter sawn oak.
  14. Square lidded padauk box....

Square lidded padauk box....

A box patterned after a box I saw in a magazine turned by either Chris Stott or Ray Key. In padauk, 3" in diameter and 3 1/2" tall.
  15. Willow's Zen

Willow's Zen

African Mahogany Square bowl
  16. Side View Harlequin Goblet

Side View Harlequin Goblet

Side view of the goblet Laminated Cherry and Maple 4 3/8 Tall x 3 9/16 square The thickness at the top is around 3/32 - 1/8. Haven't actually measured it. First ever "goblet". Foot is separate lamination.
  17. Top View Harlequin Goblet

Top View Harlequin Goblet

This is the Top view of the goblet. Laminated Cherry and Maple 4 3/8 tall x 3 9/16 square
  18. Bubinga Squared

Bubinga Squared

Figured Bubinga - 7" sq x 3" tall. Jamie Donaldson's enspired this shape. Many Tung Oil coats and Wax Buffed.
Back