• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

vicmarc

1. Raja Abusharr

Is VM120 too big for my lathe?

I use a Powermatic 2014 (14", 1HP, 200lb weight) and an Axminister SK100 Clubman chuck, both my first turning gear since beginning last summer. I have wanted a second chuck and concluded that a Vicmarc stepjaw kit give me good flexibility. So I have looked at the bare VM100 or the VM120 chucks...
  2. R

Vicmarc 220mm Bowl Jaws for VM90/100 Chucks

Vicmarc 220mm Bowl Jaws for VM90/100 Chucks The Vicmarc 220mm (8 5/8”) Bowl Jaws for VM90/100 Chucks are new in the original package. The Vicmarc Bowl Jaws adjust to allow you to re-chuck different sized bowls for finishing the bottom, or do light clean-up work on the foot of the bowl. To...
  3. Rip Littig

Did you receive any turning gifts?

I was gifted a Vicmarc VM120 direct thread chuck with 7 3/4" jaws. Woo-hoo! I'll still wind up paying the credit card bill for it, but that's besides the point! I hope you all enjoy whichever holiday(s) you celebrate. Happy turning. P.S. I also received the sweatshirt pictured below. It'll...
  4. Larry Steinmetz

Vicmarc VM100 and VM120

For those of you that own and use both chucks, how do you tend to use them in your day-to-day bowl turning? It seems that most people (or at least a lot) seem to use the VM120 for everything whereas occasionally I'll read where someone tends to use the VM100 for as big of a bowl as they feel...
  5. Larry Steinmetz

Fors Sale: Vicmarc VM120 Chuck

Hello, i unfortunately purchased the wrong Vicmarc chuck several months ago. It would cost ~$60 to send back to Australia so I am going to sell it here. It is still in the box it came in as I am still setting up my shop and still have not even fired up my new lathe. I am asking $195 plus...
  6. F

Vicmarc Vl100 extension

Looking for a bed extension for a Vicmarc VL 100 lathe. Send an email to fabianosarra@gmail.com
  7. R

Wanted -- VL 300 at a Reasonable Price

I'm looking for a Vicmarc VL300 with 3 HP motor at a reasonable price that is in good shape. I live in Kentucky. Before I pull the trigger on a new one, it seemed worth a try to look for a used one but I'm not willing to pay top dollar for one that is only a few dollars less than a new one...
  8. Steven Park

Grizzly 766 and Vicmarc 120 Chuck

Last week I tried using the McNaughton coring system and got some really bad catches. These catches caused the chuck adopter to over tighten and screw itself on the shoulder just behind the spindle threads. When this happened the chuck is now not centered. Is there a different adaptor that sits...
Back