• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

3M Airmate?

I have an old system that I do not believe was originally made by 3M, but I may be wrong on that. It is a yellow helmet with a swing down face shield and has a belt-pack with the filter and blower unit connecting to the face mask with a hose.

I have seen the belt-packs on line, but I can't find the face shields or the elastic seals.

Are these still available anywhere?

BTW, I bought my original unit from Airware America. They may have had a different name originally, but they still had records of my purchases over the years.

I find it hard to believe the deal that Emiliano got. That's a "too good to be true".

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
I have an old system that I do not believe was originally made by 3M, but I may be wrong on that. It is a yellow helmet with a swing down face shield and has a belt-pack with the filter and blower unit connecting to the face mask with a hose.

I have seen the belt-packs on line, but I can't find the face shields or the elastic seals.

Are these still available anywhere?
Hello Tom, can you please post a picture of the helmet? I find that website very confusing to use, the one Bill recommends. But they have great customer service. It's very hard to find what you need, but they are very helpful. I just called the other day, one of the questions they wanted to know how many workers I have, lol. I purchase most of my accessories there for my Airstream and now my Versaflow... I have told them that their website is not the most user friendly... Aloha

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
They don't have all the parts I need, that old system of mine is at least 35 years old.

But-- They do have this new system on sale: http://airwareamerica.com/tr-300-lik-versaflo/

I have a Trend system that is noisy and uncomfortable.
Tom, take a look at this, its on Ebay, looks like the guy has a few more for sell. You will need a Breathe easy unit or the other one. With the Bread Easy unit, @AlanZ can show you how to use a inexpensive Lithium battery instead of the 3M super expensive battery... It's definetly an upgrade over what you have! Screen Shot 2018-04-21 at 19.59.09.png

Last edited:

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
BTW, I bought my original unit from Airware America. They may have had a different name originally, but they still had records of my purchases over the years.

I find it hard to believe the deal that Emiliano got. That's a "too good to be true".
I had my doubts, but I received the helmet, brand new, in a 3M box. Breathe Easy unit is schedule for delivery on Monday, can't wait!

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
Did you also get the BreatheEasy blower assembly on eBay?
Yes, brand new for &76.49 plus $10 shipping. I had to buy the filters, found them on Ebay too, set of 3, brand new, still wrapped, $25. Ordered 2 sets... Total cost: $275 plus about $40 on shipping. Saved about a $1000 ... Not having brown snot at the end of the day and been able to sound like like Darth Vader: Priceless!!

Attachments

• IMG_B56C74CAF35D-1.jpeg
    IMG_B56C74CAF35D-1.jpeg
    197.4 KB · Views: 21
Hello Tom, can you please post a picture of the helmet? I find that website very confusing to use, the one Bill recommends. But they have great customer service. It's very hard to find what you need, but they are very helpful. I just called the other day, one of the questions they wanted to know how many workers I have, lol. I purchase most of my accessories there for my Airstream and now my Versaflow... I have told them that their website is not the most user friendly... Aloha

Did you want a pic of my old helmet, or the new Versaflow that I just bought?

They do have good customer service, and, yes the website isn't the best, but they answer the phone, or return calls any day of the week.

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
Did you want a pic of my old helmet, or the new Versaflow that I just bought?

They do have good customer service, and, yes the website isn't the best, but they answer the phone, or return calls any day of the week.
I was just curious to see the Airmate...

Back