• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

AAW Federal tax returns now available

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new level of visibility and transparency is now available to members - easy access to AAW tax returns. The 2008 return is currently available for viewing, and the 2009 return should be available in the coming weeks. To view this feature, log into the members area, then look to the left-hand side of the page for the new "Tax Returns" button.

thanks, not sure who or whom to thank for the tax information, i like the part on policies, i am not really sure why AAW would need to file except the feds require it, i assumed we were tax exempt. a lot of information, and some large figures labeled "others" :eek: but without that type of catagory we would have to kill too many trees :eek:to file it. i think there also was a question is there a commitee to deal with this and chose an auditor. thanks again, its hard to think i am a part of somethingthis huge when i am doing some turning in the basement :D

Part of something

Charlie,
Yep, when turning in the garage you as a member of this Association are indeed part of something.
By the way, every tax exempt organization in US with the designation by the IRS as a 501 c (3) must file the tax form 990.
As to huge, not so in comparison to others, but substantial indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back