• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

AAW Health Insurance Program

Some of you may have heard about the new AAW sponsored health insurance program for members, and from my personal experience, it looks like a winner.

I began the process of getting a quote for my personal health insurance last Monday, 12 January. The entire effort took 9 calendar days from initial inquiry to application acceptance.

The net results are that my health insurance costs have been cut by more than half, from $421 per month through Golden Rule (whom I've had a policy with for 8 years), to $198 per month through the AAW sponsored Humana plan...for essentially the same coverage!

Disclaimer - I'm 57 years old, over-weight at 216 pounds, in good health, with no pre-existing "conditions". Your mileage may vary...

Last edited:
Website
www.markplacek.com
Ed,

I will be requesting a quote, this sounds like a good deal.
When I started health care coverage it was $85 a month,
now it's over $400 for single and $900 for a family plan.

All the services here in Western NY. are expensive including
health care, this will certainly save me a huge amount of money.

Website
www.velvitoil.com
We were told it would be wise to stick to what we have (Anthem and expensive) because of our age and one health issue.

I am wondering with so many of us being over 60 how valuable this health insurance will be?

Back