• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

AAW insurance coverage

Where can I find out (or who should I contact) what the AAW liability insurance for a club covers?

I believe it is supposed to cover AAW members who are performing demonstrations, either as a demonstrator, or as a watcher, but have been told that it would not cover a non-AAW member who might have gotten during an AAW club sponsored event.

A club that I belong to has lost its meeting space and keeps getting questions from possible spaceholders about exactly what our liability insurance consists of.

Bernie

Ed,

Thanks for the link.

It would seem logical then for our club to purchase a separate liability policy for our non-AAW members.

Or can one assume (always a dangerous word) that a non-AAW club member, or visitor, to a club sanctioned event, if damaged, can sue the club which is then covered by its AAW policy?

Bernie

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
Ed,

Thanks for the link.

It would seem logical then for our club to purchase a separate liability policy for our non-AAW members.

Bernie

Bernie,
Might be cheaper to buy them AAW memberships.

most club restrict turning activities to AAW members.

Demonstrations are almost always restricted to AAW members.

Things like workshop participation is a tough call. Often the new folks are not yet AAW members.
and participation in a workshop is how they get interested in going on.

-Al

Last edited:
Back