• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

AAW Journ Fall Issue

My issue arrived today, which is pretty quick compared to when it usually comes, and was really great during the first looking through. I'm sure we could start the turning vs. carving arguments again after looking at some of the galleries, but they were impressive. Really liked the "Green with Envy" article on page 1 by Bonnie Klein & Jacques Vesery.

Ya had to go mention the carving/turning issue, didn't you? It'll be interesting to see where this thread goes.

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
Mine came today. I only thumbed through it but it sure looks great. I think it will be some good reading.

AAW Journal

They must rotate the way they send them out. I haven't seen mine yet. Maybe in todays mail.

GA Darling

today

mine arrived today, i have a sneaking feeling that they are mailed in the same order as one renews their membership, which not to start a "discussion" seems only fair:D

Last edited:
mine arrived today, i have a sneaking feeling that they are mailed in the same order as one renews their membership, which not to start a "discussion" seems only fair:D

If that's the case procrastinators such as I won't see their issue till just before Christmas.:eek::D

I don't know what happened this time around, but mine arrived in three days after the mailing instead of my usual three weeks. Not that I'm complaining...

Sky

Several of my friends (well, aquaintences) got theirs but not me yet. However I looked at it in our local Woodcraft Store.

You guys are lucky it will be at least a month before I get mine. It takes soooo long to get to Europe :(

At this rate you will get yours before I do. I thought for sure mine would be here by today. Maybe the holiday has something to do with it? Maybe I need to teach the mail lady to speed read? Oh well, it will be here one day. At least I'll have something to look forward to long after you all have read and forgotten about it.

GA Darling

Last edited:
one more post toward my next title

I've come to realize we start these journal threads to get more post toward the goal of being a Sage, Pooh-Bah or Wood Master. After all turners are the nicest bunch of people, so we could not be gloating over others not lucky enough to be at the beginning of the mail route.

TN must be at the very end of the mail run because I've still not received mine yet...:mad:

Website
turnedbygeorge.com
Ann,

You have a good point that is common throughout most of the woodturning forums. We should all stock a good supply of cheese and crackers to go with the posting of our w(h)ine. That said (tongue in cheek), this issue was well worth the wait.:D

And, baitbeggar, paying a year in advance does not get it to you any earlier.:p

Hooray!!!! I finally recieved my copy of the Journal in todays mail. I'm going to teach the mailman to speed read so I can get it a little earlier next time.

GA Darling

pay in advance

And, baitbeggar, paying a year in advance does not get it to you any earlier.

maybe so, but i received my 2008 American Association of Woodturners offical member card this week cool:cool2:

Back