• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

AAW main site problems

Does anyone know what's up with the AAW main site? I've tried accessing it from a few different angles and always get the error message:

Server Error in '/' Application.​

Anybody else having access issues or is it just me? The forums are still up and running though. Weird.
Kalia

A few weeks back I switched over to Chrome from Firefox since I kept running into problems with websites loading incorrectly and it was _always_ resolved by trying Chrome instead. Wouldn't you know, now that I've switched everything over this turns out to be an issue with Chrome... The site runs just fine in Firefox. Computers can be a pain in the butt sometimes.

Chris Fairbanks

Adminstrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
A few weeks back I switched over to Chrome from Firefox since I kept running into problems with websites loading incorrectly and it was _always_ resolved by trying Chrome instead. Wouldn't you know, now that I've switched everything over this turns out to be an issue with Chrome... The site runs just fine in Firefox. Computers can be a pain in the butt sometimes.
Kalia, I just tried chrome and it is working fine for me on the woodturner.org site. You can try deleting your cache to see if that fixes chrome. Chrome by default only clears all website data which can be a pain as you need to relogin to every website. With advanced options you can delete for just woodturner.org but its a few extra steps. This guide walks you through that if you want to try that out. https://www.howtogeek.com/664912/ho...site-data-for-a-single-site-on-google-chrome/

Chris Fairbanks

Adminstrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
I work in tech so I like to joke saying if computers always worked I would be out of a job. It’s kinda funny as I hate dealing with computer problems. My background is networking and things related to it so I really despise dealing with computers and don’t get me started on being IT support for family

odie

TOTW Team
Panning for Montana gold, with Betsy, the mule!
I really despise dealing with computers and don’t get me started on being IT support for family

It's good that someone like you is available for the AAW forums, Chris........and, I can relate to your thoughts about IT support for family. Seems I'm always calling my brother for help with this darned PC......but, he's always been a good sport about it! :cool:

We have this thing called "team viewer", where he can operate my pc remotely......and fix what I manage to break!!!!! :rolleyes:

-----odie-----

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Whenever I have a computer problem the cause is always traceable to a loose nut on the keyboard. :p

The computer always gets the blame, but 99.44% of the time it's the software or OS that is the real culprit.

Odie, in my former life, the IT department used a remote desktop program called Timbuktu because somebody could access your computer from Timbuktu.

Back