• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

AAW Store problems

Just noticed today that the Store has some issues. When I tried to access the info for the individual AAW logo items, I was directed back to the AAW Products, Publications and Featured Items section. Same deal when trying to access the individual Instuctional DVDs, Master Series, etc.

When I clicked on the View Cart icon, I got this:

ADODB.Command error '800a0d5d'

Application uses a value of the wrong type for the current operation.

/shop/ShopCart1.asp, line 10

Not sure what the problem is, but wanted to give someone a "heads up" about these issues.
I'll gladly accept more doorprize for noticing. ;)

Glenn

Newberg, OR: 20mi SW of Portland: AAW #21058
Glenn, I poked around and added a few items to the cart. Everything appeared to work fine for me all the way to submitting a payment. The only thing I did notice was that a couple of the close-up image links were not functioning. Some were of such low resolution -- the symposium tee-shirts -- that they were of no use at all.

I wonder if your browser is acting funny or not accepting Java, cookies, pop-ups or whatnot (I didn't explore the code behind the links so don't know what is used to navigate and place items in the cart).

Last edited:
In cases like this, the first thing you should try is to close your browser completely, then open up a new/fresh browsing session...this almost always works. It's also handy to have two or more browsers on hand, so if one is acting up, the other may still come through. Here are some links to browser heaven:

Microsoft Internet Explorer

Google Chrome

Apple Safari

Modzilla Firefox

Last edited:
Back