• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Burl bottle stoppers with glued in dowels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to clean out inventory. Burl bottle stopper blanks with 3/8" dowels glued in. Species include buckeye with grey color, maple, redwood, walnut and other burl. Sizes are 1 1/2 to 2" x 1 1/2. I have supplied major napa winery for years, but getting out of business. All you need is to provide the drilled out cork.
Send check for $33 for a box of 50 blanks to Neal DeVore, 876 Wildomar Lane, Lincoln, Ca 95648 and notify me of your shipping address and out will go a USPS priority box. I won't wait til check arrives. For CC call 916 253 7208 and add $4 for extra charge.

Attachments

• 20191028_093810.jpg
    20191028_093810.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 181
Neal, Just curious why got out of the bottle stopper business because you have the best place for it. Was it due to lack of sales or too little profit?

I was supplying a major winery in Napa and they switched their buyer and I lost the business. I still make stoppers, but a lot less and I have over 500 setups. Cost of dowels and corks are negligible, and my burl scraps come my n/e bowls and salad bowl offcuts

Neal, the box of bottle stopper blanks arrived today and I must admit, it is not what we expected. Most of the blanks are less than 1-1/2", many are 1" and some are just 1" cubes. The dowels are in crooked so by the time the some of the blanks would be roughed it would only be a half inch diameter. Not what we were expecting on our end. I would guess that less than half are usable at best.

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
Neal, the box of bottle stopper blanks arrived today and I must admit, it is not what we expected. Most of the blanks are less than 1-1/2", many are 1" and some are just 1" cubes. The dowels are in crooked so by the time the some of the blanks would be roughed it would only be a half inch diameter. Not what we were expecting on our end. I would guess that less than half are usable at best.
This is the reason why we highly encourage a picture of exactly what you are selling. Neil, please start another thread if you have any of this left to sell. Provide a clear picture of what you are selling. One box at the time. This thread will be close in 2 days. @Bill Boehme

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
I'll have to admit that a picture of a cardboard box would be a discouragement for me because I like to see the actual product. I support what Emiliano says ... A separate ad for each box AND one or more photos showing all of the actual pieces WITHOUT the cardboard box.

I don't know if it matters or not but I would be happy to post a picture of what was actually received. I'm out of town taking care of my grandmother but have a friend bringing me the box on Thursday, can take pictures then. If its even necessary.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
I don't know if it matters or not but I would be happy to post a picture of what was actually received. I'm out of town taking care of my grandmother but have a friend bringing me the box on Thursday, can take pictures then. If its even necessary.

I don't think that's necessary at this point. It's a good example of why it's important for the buyer and seller to make sure that they're on the same page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back