• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Hampshire Sheen

About 3 years ago (give or take?), I purchased, first, some Hampshire Sheen, then Yorkshire grit from The Walnut Log. I liked both products. Somehow, I got away from using them since about then. Recently, I took them out to use on some lidded boxes I was making. The Yorkshire grit was just fine, but both tins of Hampshire Sheen were dry, crumbly, and unusable. I sent two messages to the Walnut Log but, for some reason, the guy has chosen not to get back to me. I don't know what his problem is, since I was completely cordial and just asking for advice. Does anybody know how to reconstitute them? Thanks, Russ

The fix is to add some mineral spirits and take a screwdriver and chop/mash the heck out of the clump (turn it to a paste consistency)...put the lid back on...and then let is set for a day or so before using it.

Back