• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Harvey T-60s and Kel center saver

If you have a Harvey T60-S or a Grizzly G0800. The post on the mcnaughton system is too short and will not fit your banjo. Just so you know. It is about 2 Inches shorter than needed.

One reason I went with a Woodcut Bowl Saver Max 3 coring system. I've done well coring bowls with it, but if I had a lot of extra cash I didn't need, I'd probably spring for a Oneway system, because it has replaceable cutter tips, and the support arm goes into the kerf for blade support superior to any other coring system out there at present.

Website
www.blacklabelwoodworks.com
I don't know why they cant make an alternate post that is longer. I have a grizzly G0766 and had the same issue. I was lucky there are several members in my club that have metal lathes. Was easy for them to make a new post for me that was longer. Now i am noticing the banjo on it is not as strong as it could be. When i core large bowl blanks 15" and up my whole banjo is twisting occasionally from the torque. Guess my next step is to get the oneway banjo.

My guess is that Grizzly makes their banjos shorter so that you will buy their tool rests, and not the others. Bad play on their part as far as I am concerned. I have always wondered what kind of additional stresses are put on the tool rest when it the post is farther up from the banjo. Just one reason why I don't own one of them.

robo hippy

Back