• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

How does one cancel registration online to the Portland Symposium?

Greetings everyone,

Unfortunately something has come up at work and I need to cancel my symposium registration. I understood I had through June 3rd (today) to cancel and have been trying all weekend to find out how to cancel online. (Foolishly, I waited to the last minute to see if I could get out of the work thing, but couldn’t manage that.).

The only info I can find says to call the AAW offices during business hours (June 1 was Friday). But if that is the only way to cancel, it would seem one only has until June 1, so there must be another way.

Is there some way to cancel online? I understand i’m out $75, but don’t want to loose all of my registration fee. Thanks In advance.

Hope to see you all at the symposium next year.

Lars

Last edited:

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Call the office first thing Monday morning and explain your situation. Obviously somebody wasn't thinking when they made June 3 the deadline without any way of actually being able to cancel on that date. Unless it is something beyond their control, I think that they can figure out a way to cancel your registration and give you a partial refund.

Back