• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Kids and dust masks

hi all, I have a background in chemistry R&D and take personal protective gear serious. Cutting, sanding, and drilling always get a 3M respirator, ear and eye protection. Add a facesheild when turning.

My 6 yr old wants to help me in the shop, but I am hesitant because I want to properly protect her lungs. Right now we preplan the cut list and work on assembly together. In her mind she wants to help with the whole project.

How do you protect little ones lungs? Ears and eyes I have covered.

Thanks
Ben

RichColvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
OTI Member
Website
www.colvintools.com
If nothing else, I’d have her wear a mask like used in hospitals.

Looks like eclipse has a mask sized to her face according to the sizing chart. I bet the 3M small would work too.

Back