1. Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

King Tut Turns Wood

Discussion in 'AAW Information' started by Ed Davidson, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Ed Davidson

Ed Davidson

Location (City & State):
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Home Page:
    Here’s some exciting news – the King Tut exhibit will be on display at the St Paul Science Museum at the same time as the 25th anniversary AAW symposium. Dial in here to read about the exhibit, and keep an eye on the 2011 AAW Symposium page for more information - organized spouse tours, etc...

2. Stuart Johnson

Stuart Johnson

Location (City & State):
    Red Oak, Texas
    If you do flat work take a look at some of the chair joinery. You'll recognize the joints.

3. George Guadiane

George Guadiane

Location (City & State):
    Ormond Beach FL
    Home Page:
    I'm gonna have to book at least an extra day to see that - the question is; do I go before the symposium when I'll have some stamina or after when I'll probably need to be wheeled around?

4. Jamie Donaldson

Jamie Donaldson

Location (City & State):
    Georgetown,KY
    I saw this exhibit....

...several years ago in St. Petersburg and it is astonishing, so make plans.

5. John Van Domelen

John Van Domelen Retired Forum Admin AAW Board Member

Location (City & State):
    Houston, TX
    $$$

I hope the tickets are more reasonable than those for sale now in NYC - 29.00 each. :eek:

6. Stuart Johnson

Stuart Johnson

Location (City & State):
    Red Oak, Texas
    My sister ordered our tickets and I think a time reservation online so I'm not sure about the price but the tour is well worth the $29.00. Anyone planning on going should check and see about times. We had a half hour arrival window. They would let in x number during that time and then they waited a set amount of time before the next group entered. Don't think you are going to be able to run over and see the exhibit during the lunch break.

7. Bill Weaver

Bill Weaver

Location (City & State):
    Riverside Ohio
    This exhibit was here at the art museum.....stood in line for ever. I'm sorry but I wasn't impressed with it at all.