1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. ATTENTION FORUM MEMBERS!

Guest, if you have not yet updated your forum bookmark to a secure log in connection, please delete your unsecure book and add the following secure bookmark: https://www.aawforum.org/community/index.php

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the upper right of the notice box.

Dismiss Notice

Lights, have you

Discussion in 'Woodturning Discussion Forum' started by John Walls, Sep 11, 2020.

1. John Walls

John Walls

Location (City & State):
    Larimore, ND
    tried these from Amyzon?

NATHOME led Garage Light, 216 LEDs 45W(80W Equivalent) Garage Lighting/daylight 5000K

2. Gerald Lawrence

Gerald Lawrence

Location (City & State):
    Brandon, MS
    Got one of that type in finish and construction area of the shop. It does put out a lot of light. The directional feature is nice to throw light into a corner

3. John Walls

John Walls

Location (City & State):
    Larimore, ND
    Do you think it would be great to use over the lathe? I have a small magnetic base LED, works good for a spot but I would like the whole item turned to be lit up well. I have a 48" LED shoplight about 2 ft above the lathe but it does not light it up like I want.

4. John Torchick

John Torchick

Location (City & State):
    Cleveland, Tennessee
    Harbor Freight has had 48 inch LED lights for as low as $19.95. Got two for the shop. Like them and got two more for the basement.

5. Gerald Lawrence

Gerald Lawrence

Location (City & State):
    Brandon, MS
    Yes I think it would but you will still need a light to illuminate the inside of a bowl when hollowing.