• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

ONEWAY TOOL RESTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 Oneway Tool Rests. 6", 10"; and 14" all with 1" tool posts. All in good condition. Height from bottom of post to top edge is approx. 6-5/8". The 14" has been painted over in Vicmarc blue, but you can see the Oneway off white peeking through!

$75 for all plus actual shipping cost. These will fit in a USPS Medium Flat Rate Box so shipping is $15.50 anywhere in the Continental US.

Rick Anderson
rick98227@yahoo.com

Oneway Rests-1.jpgOnewayRests-2.jpg

Last edited:
Price reduced to $65 for all 3 Oneway Tool Rests. Will consider selling individually. Any or all can ship via USPS Flat Rate box.

Website
www.reallyruralwoodworks.com
I wonder if I could adapt them to fit the 25mm banjo in my harbor freight lathe... I'd love to get some better tool rests (I have a sorby post and 6" and S-curve, but really want something like the oneways - cast iron tool rests really and truly suck... ) I'll have to experiment, but if I can find a way to get them to securely fit in my H-F Banjo, I'm definitely interested.. I'll have to poke around and see if I can find a way to fit them.. if I can make a 1 inch post work, you may just have them sold.

Brian, I would try to find someone w/ machinst skills to drill/bore your banjo out to 1". I believe that would be easier than modifying multiple tool rests to fit. Rick

Lance Mirrer

AKA "taxman"
Website
taxmancpa.com
Brian, turn a 1" dowel and see how it fits. Alternatively, carefully measure the post on your existing rest. The difference between 1" (25.4mm) and 25mm is small enough that a slight tooling variance may mean its usable.

Website
Yup that is what I need to look into, If I remember I'll check my lathe tomorrow and see - I do have some 1 inch diameter stock I think and machining out the banjo to 1 inch would not be a problem (I'm no stranger to machining metal, etc.. I think I may have a old 1 inch reamer laying around gathering dust in one of the many toolboxes out in the shop) SO I'll think on it a bit, and If I think I can manage it, I'll PM you tomorrow to arrange payment and shipping.. so long as I can get the banjo to take 1 inch, I guess you can call it sale pending.. (I also have to check my post length, but if need be I can always cut them down shorter, like I did with the sorby post)

Website
I'll take 'em. Sending PM. ( I drilled a 1 inch hole in a 2x4 scrap to get exactly 1.001" diameter, then compared it by putting my old 25mm rests in it - little bit of brass shim stock, they'd fit snug too, if I need to shim them to fit, so I'll get my banjo machined out to 1" after getting the 1 inch posts to get a precise fit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back